(Other pages in this section – News / Art Exhibitions / )
Here’s what’s New (and old!)
Wow, so much time has gone by…so much has happened! I’m now focusing on illustrating the children’s stories and poems that I write and exploring the world of Fiber Art through felt making in it’s many forms. I’m also continuing to prepare to move to England to marry my sweetheart and continue my adventures with nature sketching, children’s books and felting! Please keep reading my blog for most updates 😉
- October-I have three paintings accepted into the Miniature Painters, Sculptors + Gravers Society in Washington DC, it’s the oldest miniature art society on the USA. Read about it here.
- Sold the painting “Mrs. Wilson’s Warbler”! People have asked me for years if I’d sell it, I finally decided to release it and now it has a happy owner, read about it here.
- I’ll be taking part in an International Show at The Museum of European Art in Clarence New York in September. Click here to see the page about it on their website.
- June 2009 – Joined the Association of Miniature Artists (AMA) ( http://www.miniatureartist.com )
- Spring 2009 – Northern NY Audubon Society Newsletter, featured solo artist, CLICK HERE to read about it and see a few pages.
- April 4, 2009 – Demonstrated and Lectured on Nature Sketching and Painting in the Field at the Iroquois National Wildlife Preserve.
- February 11, 2009 – Lectured on Nature Sketching and Painting in the Field at Bristol Manor in Clarence NY. USA
- January 16, 2009 – Lectured on Nature Sketching and Painting in the Field at Vinecroft Home in Clarence NY. USA
- 2008 – Showed in Allentown Art Festival.
- 2007 – Featured on the Lifestyles Page of the Clarence Bee, Read it here: “A Renaissance Woman-Clarence Painter Breathes Life into a Canvas”.
- 2007 – Showed in Allentown Art Festival, their 50th year!
- 2007 – Juried into the Buffalo Society of Artists, Buffalo, NY. USA.
- 2003 – March 17, Showed at the Boston State House with painters from Ireland.